‘When you eat a diet that’s optimally designed for your particular blood group, you’re able to resist life-threatening diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and liver failure much more easily as well as avoid many of the factors that cause rapid cell deterioration, thus slowing down the aging process,’ says Izelle Hoffman. ‘And I can personally say that since I started following the blood group diet, my body has been able to recover from operations and illness much more quickly than before.’ To learn more about Izelle and the blood group diet, read our previous blog post on Izelle.
We asked Izelle to share some special blood group type recipes with us and she came back with 4 WOW recipes especially created for optimal nutrition according to blood type. Here is her poached egg recipe for AB type blood group:
Chef Izelle Hoffman – Lifestyle chef
Bloodgroup AB: Honey Glazed Poached Gem Squash
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Pre heat oven to 200°C
- To boil gem squash: Prick gem squash once or twice with a knife or fork and put into a pot of boiling water.
- Boil for 7 minutes or until soft. When soft-ish, remove from water and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut in half and scoop out pips with either a teaspoon or dessert spoon.
- Arrange the gem squash halves on an oven tray
- Crack each of the eggs into a small bowl, then spoon the yolks and how ever much egg white the gem squash can hold.
- Add salt and ground black pepper on top of the eggs to taste.
- Place the oven pan in the oven and bake for about 15minutes
- Drizzle with honey and place back into the oven for another 5minutes
- Finish off with fresh parsley on top
- Serve warm
Chef Izelle Hoffman - Lifestyle chef
Spot the iconic Oryx horns on restaurant tables and in retail stores nationwide. South African customers can find Oryx Desert Salt in premium Woolworths stores, Cape Union Mart, Pick ‘n Pay, Food Lovers Market, Dischem and Spar as well as most health shops and deli’s countrywide.
Also available in Whole Foods Market stores in the USA, Namibia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Germany, UK, Taiwan, Nigeria and launching in Australia next.